Monday, March 5, 2012

Review - Clinique Take The Day Off Makeup Remover for Lids, Lashes and Lips

Historically I have been a big fan of the facial wipe to remove any stubborn makeup. But, since I received a bottle of this as a gift with purchase from Clinique I must say I am a little converted.

Here's a little bit about the Clinique Take the Day Off Makeup Remover for Lids, Lashes and Lips (Phew, I get tired just typing that huge name...):

'A unique, two-way formula that loosens the grip, then speeds the departure of the most persistent, eye make-up, mascaras and lipsticks. Offers superior, fast acting cleansing and make-up removal for the delicate eye and lip areas. Removes eye make-up thoroughly, without pulling or tugging eye area skin, even waterproof formulations. Ophthalmologist tested. Suitable for contact lens wearers.'

I have been using this makeup remover for a while now and am amazed almost every time at how effective it really is. I am also a contact lens wearer sometimes and love the fact that I don't get any irritation or dryness at all from using this makeup remover.

This baby can remove practically anything. I have used it on the most stubborn waterproof mascaras and eye liners and it cuts through these with ease. You don't need to use too much either for it to work it's magic.

It's even one of the best products I have ever tried against removing all traces of OCC Lip Tars. As anyone who has tried these will know, they can stain the life out of your lips (or arms, fingers, chin, whatever they may come into contact with while you are strategically trying to apply them) and this stain is a real bugger to get off. This makeup remover totally eliminates any trace of Lip Tar stain which is just amazing.

One thing I must say though is that it needs to be shaken really well prior to use as the oil separates in the bottle.

It can also leave a bit of a greasy residue on the skin after use which some people may not be a big fan of but I much prefer this feeling than having a that tight dry feeling you can get sometimes with other products.

Once my bottle runs out I will definitely be hot-footing it back to Clinique to get some more. I can't imagine ever using any other makeup remover now.

Has anyone else ever tried this and have liked or disliked it?

2 comments:

  1. This sounds like a great makeup remover, like you I always lean on wipes as they're so quick and easy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love it. I'm all for anything that it quick and easy and this makeup remover has made me forget about wipes all together.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...