Thursday, March 1, 2012

February Addiction - Lip Gloss

I have a tendency to go through stages with my makeup just like most people probably do. Sometimes it's out of laziness and sometimes it's just because I get a bit of an obsession with a certain product.

The month of February for me couldn't be called anything else other than 'Lip Gloss' month. For some reason I went a little bit off wearing lipstick and became a little obsessed with wearing lip gloss instead. I can't really put a solid reason to it other than I am in love with the fact that they are so buildable, can be a great subtle addition when I'm not really in the mood for a full face of make-up and are also a bit more pleasant on the lips in my opinion when the weather is hotter and my lips have a tendency to dry out.

The products that I found I reached for the most this month were the following:


1) Clavin Klein Delicious Pout Flavoured Lip Gloss in Breathless - I have never done a review on this gloss for some reason and I really don't know why because it's one of my favourite all time products. It's a gorgeous bright but sheer pink that shimmers without being over the top. I love this on it's own to just enhance my natural lip colour and give a nice shine to my lips but it's also great to apply over the top of a pink or nude lipstick for an added element of shine. It tastes like lollies too which is always a bonus.

2) Maybeline Colour Sensational Creme Gloss in Sugared Honey - I have had this gloss for what seems like forever and I never tire of using it. It's a great all round gloss that doesn't feel sticky and has great staying power for a gloss.

3) Clinique Long Last Glosswear in Sunset - I actually reviewed this gloss here a little while ago. This is still a favourite of mine as it's such a nice shimmery gold that looks great in it's own or when applied over nude or even red lipsticks. It's got an SPF 15 too which I really like.

4) Ecotints Lip Moisturiser in Plush Red - I have also managed to review this one here previously. It's technically a lip balm more than a gloss but I still love it because it adds a nice red tint to the lips without being too over-the-top red. It also keeps my lip feeling super moisturised.

5) Sheer Cover Lip Gloss in Pink Praline - I haven't review this gloss yet as I still haven't made my mind up about it even though I've actually been using it quite a bit lately. I find the colour is virtually non-existent when put on the lips and it's got a taste that almost borders on being unpleasant but I keep going back to it because it actually feels quite nice on and seems to stay on forever. If only they could improve the taste I'd probably buy more or these.

6) Mirenesse 3D Forever Lip Gloss in Hot Kiss - I have previously reviewed this one here  and am still a fan of this gloss. It's a terrifying colour if applied too thick as it's a super bright purple but I've now mastered how much to use and love the plum tint it gives my lips when I'm after a gloss with a bit more of a noticeable colour.

7) Mirenesse Velvet Lip Lift Moisture Shine - I have no idea what shade this one was as the label has worn off a bit but it looks like a pale glittery pink in the tube and applies almost as a clear gloss with a touch of shimmer. I've only got probably another one or two uses out of this before I have to sadly say goodbye and I think it will definitely be a repurchase quickly after that. It's quite a thick gloss that makes me feel almost like I'm wearing a really moisturising lip balm and I like that it's practically clear but with just a teeny hint of shimmer because it goes with absolutely anything.




And here are the swatches. For once the lighting was on my side, yay!


(From left to right - Sheer Cover in Pink Praline, Calvin Klein in Breathless, Maybeline in Sugared Honey, Mirenesse in Hot Kiss, Ecolips in Plush Red and Clinique in Sunset)


Sorry, but there wasn't any point in swatching the Mireness Velvet Lip Lift Moisture Shine because it just kept showing up as a wet patch on my arm and not much else. It's way too clear to really work in a photo.


Has anyone else had a product they've been using over and over lately and just can't get enough of it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to read your comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...