Well I finally got my January BellaBox yesterday. I swear I must have been one of the last people in the country to get it this month and found it so hard to restrain from reading everyone else's blogs who posted up their January box contents.
So, here it is:
1) Pangea Organics Lip Balm - Pyrenees Lavender with Cardamom (Full size, 7gm RRP $17.95) - This seems to be a really nice lip balm which goes on silky smooth and feels so nice and light on the lips. The flavour is very intriguing for a lip balm and to me it smells just like a hand cream instead.
2) First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream (5.7gm sample sachet, RRP $14.95 for 70gms) - Apparently this is used to hydrate dry, parched or itchy skin for the face or body. I'm going to wait and use this when I have a bout of eczema to see how it goes with that.
3) Soleo Organics Sunscreen SPF 30+ (2 x 3gm sample sachets, RRP $24.95 for 80gms) - What can I say, it's sunscreen, nothing really that exciting about that.
4) Sparoma Candle - Lemon Myrtle (Small tealight size candle, the card says RRP $19.95 for the candle but surely this couldn't be for the tiny tealight size??) - Anyway, there was a roll-on and body balm that could have been received in place of the candle. These are soy candles and the label says that when you've finished with burning the melted soybean oil can be used on your body for extra moisture or as a massage oil. Hmmmmm, don't know that I'm game enough to put hot waxy oil on my skin but each to their own!
5) La Perla J'Aime Parfum ( 1.5ml sample, RRP $79 for 50ml) - I honestly can't say what this smells like yet as I have had a really bad cold the past couple of days and my nose is still completely blocked. I'm looking forward to smelling this when my nose finally clears :-)
6) Puretopia Nourish & Repair Hand Cream (75ml full size, RRP $9.95) - This is the only full size product in the whole box this month. Yet again I can't tell you what it smells like but it seems to be a really lovely hand cream which leaves my hands feeling very well moisturised. Hopefully I don't find out it smells like crap and I've been walking around with it on my hands for two days!
7) Herban Essentials Towlettes - Orange Towlette (1 x towlette, RRP $17.50 for 20) - These are hand cleaners I think and are naturally antibacterial.
8) Qi Tea in Detox and Ginkgo (2 x 1.6gm samples, no RRP listed) - What can I say, it's tea?
So, I wonder if anyone else found this month's box to be as underwhelming as I did?
Also, I can't believe there was not one single makeup item this month. I don't know about anyone else but I kind of only subscribed to these boxes to get a bit more of an idea of other makeup and beauty products there were around. I really wasn't expecting things such as candles, tea, sunscreen, tampons and hair ties as have been in some of the boxes so far.
Am I being too picky? Are my expectations too high considering the $14.95 a month price tag?
It would be nice to hear what anyone else thinks of these boxes so far.