Friday, January 13, 2012

The Dusty Bookshelf Challenge


I have decided to sign up for the Dusty Bookshelf Challenge hosted by Books: A True Story.

Basically this challenge is to read as many books you already own that have been accumulating dust on your bookshelf. It doesn't include any newly purchased books.

I have loads of books on my bookshelves (yes, I have three and they're full!) that I have never gotten around to reading yet so this is a good challenge for me to read what I have rather than continue buying new books. Some of the books I have had waiting to be read for over 10 years since I worked at a book distributor as my first ever job so I really need to get my finger out and just get to reading them.

There are four levels you can choose to achieve in this challenge as follows:

~Pixie Dust – Read 0-5 books
~Dust Bunny – Read 5-10 books
~Cobwebs – Read 10-15 books
~Grungy – Read 20+ books

I am going for the Dust Bunny level and will attempt to read 10 books. I have so many more than that but don't want to overcommit myself as time hasn't really been on my side lately and reading has had to take a backseat a little bit. This challenge goes for the whole year though so hopefully I can get to that many by the end of 2012.

By the way, my little man is 10 months old tomorrow. It's amazing how time just flies these days!!









No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to read your comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...