Sunday, January 1, 2012

Liebster Blog Award - Yay!

 
First things first..... Happy New Year!! I hope everyone has a great New Year's Eve and came into 2012 on a good note. Personally, I'm hoping 2012 is a bit less full-on than 2011 was for us. Dealing with being pregnant with very high blood pressure and a separated pelvis, having one of our dogs get cancer that needed emergency surgery 5 weeks before our baby was born, then having our other dog develop epilepsy at virtually the same time, then finally having our gorgeous little man, then me having to deal with going from a professional accountant working extremely long hours to being a semi stay-at-home mum and beating my head against a wall to kill time, to us having to completely overturn our life financially as well, 2011 has frankly been exhausting! I'd love 2012 to be completely uneventful please :-)
 
Anyhoo, when I last logged into Blogger I noticed I received a lovely comment from Melanie at Yeah, yeah, ragger, ragger saying that she had nominated me for a Liebster Blog Award. I've seen these going around here and there lately and thought it was extremely nice to get a nomination and obviously it makes me feel happy and priviledged that someone actually reads what I write! Thank you so much Melanie :-)
 
"Liebster" is a German word which means dearest or beloved, but it can also mean favourite. The idea of the Liebster award is that it is given to bloggers who have less than 200 followers, all in the spirit of fostering new connections and to bring attention to these brilliant blogs!
 
The rules are :
  1. Thank your nominator/s and link back their blog/s.
  2. Select & reveal your five chosen blogs with fewer than 200 followers.
  3. Advise your chosen blogs of their nomination via a comment on their blog.
  4. Copy and paste the award onto your own blog.
  5. Request that your award nominees then forward it on to their own chosen bloggers.
So, after careful consideration I have finally chosen the five blogs that I want to nominate for this award if they haven't been already. These five are:

1) Beauty Down Under - A great blog containing lots of makeup reviews, EOTD's and hauls.
2) Beauty in a Bottle - I just love the Tip of the Day!
3) ChloeBlue Likes to Sparkle - Some good reviews and NOTD's.
4) Lather, Rinse, Repeat - Very entertaining and lighthearted blog full of witty reviews. Always guaranteed to make me laugh.
5) Makeup and Me - Great blog full of variety in the form of reviews, hauls and NOTD's.

So there you have it. Please go and check out the above blogs if you get the chance. Hopefully you will find them as enjoyable as I do!

Wishing everyone a lovely week!

Michelle




1 comment:

  1. Thanks Michelle! I'm glad you find me witty, because my boyfriend doesn't think so! I actually just emailed him your post to prove it :)
    May even print it out to stick on the fridge to annoy him...

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...