Sunday, December 11, 2011

My Mission to Tan - Naked Tan Goddess Bronze Self Tanner

My latest toe-dip into the world of self tanning was with Naked Tan Goddess Bronze Self Tanner cream.


What the packaging claims:

'Naked Tan Goddess Bronze Instant Tan is a self tan that ensures skin is radiant and bronzed. The fake tan contains organic shea butter and aloe vera for their moisturising properties and washes off in 2 hours.
Top tip: Wear gloves to apply the Goddess Bronze to avoid tanned palms.'


Well, firstly I must sheepishly admit that I failed to see that last little line there that recommends wearing gloves to apply, ooopsie! This resulted in me being super panic stricken when I finished tanning and my hands were a lovely chocolate brown that WOULD NOT come off!! Oh boy!! I was so embarrassed to go anywhere the next day with my brown palms. I can laugh at it now but at the time it was definitely not funny!

Anyway, moving on from this silly little bout of stupidity, I can truthfully say that I have a bit of a love/hate relationship with this tanner.

LOVE:
I love the colour it gave me because being a pale girl I'm always scared I'll either turn out orange or some ridiculous shade of brown but this was actually a lot milder in colour that I thought it would be. I was actually contemplating each time I used this to apply another coat the next day just to see how that would result but just never got around to it.

I also love the fact that the cream is a dark bronze kind of colour so you can see exactly where you've applied it and can therefore make sure you've got an even coverage all over.

It's also not too offensive scent wise which is nice as this is something that seems to be a major problem with a lot of other tanners.

HATE:
I hate the fact that you supposedly have to wash it off two hours after applying. Truth be told, I never did this. I usually just put it on at night after my shower and washed it off the next day. I don't think this made any difference to the colour as I certainly didn't go too dark for not washing it off and I didn't really notice any stains on my clothes or sheets by not washing it off either. I just don't see the point in needing to so this. If anyone knows the real reason as to why this is suggested it would be great if you could let me know :-)

I also obviously hated the fact that I had beautiful chocolate hands after applying. The colour does not budge at all once it dries and no amount of scrubbing, pumicing, exfoliating my hands would do any good. This tan does not come off until it's good and ready to. Fair enough it warned me to wear gloves but hey, I have never worn gloves when applying a tanner before and have never had any issues like this. Still, I learnt a valuable lesson on making sure I read instructions in full no matter what they are for from now on.

So, has anyone else used this tanner and want to share any major likes/dislikes they have about it?

2 comments:

  1. I've used this on and hated it! Too sticky and wouldn't dry for hours (like you, I pop on tan before bed), and despite using a scrub prior, it left darker patches randomly on my shins. Oh, and it leaked in my make-up bag!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no, leaking tanner, Yuk!
    I don't know what I'm going to try next. I've got my husbands work xmas party this weekend and I didn't want to look all pastey and white. I'm scared to now try something new so close to the event!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...