Thursday, December 22, 2011

Goodreads Summer Reading Challenge

As part of the Aussie Readers group on Goodreads I have decided to participate in their Summer Reading Challenge. This is a challenge where you select 10 books to read from different genres and covering different topics to try and broaden your reading experience. This challenge runs from December 2011 to February 2012. The books I have chosen to read according to their particular theme are:

1)      Aussie author – Temple – Matthew Reilly
2)      To Be Read List – Dead and Gone – Charlaine Harris
3)      Summer Food – The Long Quiche Goodbye – Avery Aames
4)      Summer Story – Divine by Mistake – P.C. Cast
5)      Australia Day – The Potato Factory – Bryce Courtney
6)      Gay Character or Author – The Picture of Dorian Gray – Oscar Wilde
7)      Christmas Carols – Skipping Christmas – John Grisham
8)      New Release – Catch Me – Lisa Gardner
9)      Literature Map – Dixie City Jam – James Lee Burke
10)   Romance – The Rocky Road to Romance – Janet Evanovich
I've created a page with my book list which I'll update as I get through each book and give my overall rating.

I love reading and I think that due to being an only child I gained a huge appreciation for books as they were something I could always turn to when I was alone or bored. Nowadays, time to read is not usually something I regularly get with a small bub but I'm hopeful I can get through these books in the next couple of months.I'm sure going to give it my best effort anyway!

This first book I've started is Dead and Gone by Charlaine Harris. This is the 9th instalment in the Sookie Stackhouse series (which the TV series 'True Blood' is based on) and has been on my 'to be read' list for ages. Should be a good, easy read.

Wish me luck!

Has anyone read any of the above books and wish to share your thoughts? (Without spoiling the actual story for me :-))

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to read your comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...