Monday, December 19, 2011

Highlighting - My New Obsession

I must admit that I only discovered the whole world of highlighting a couple of months ago. I know, I know, I'm a bit slow on the uptake on these things sometimes but prior to that I was content to be just a foundation and bit of blush kind of girl.

Well, not anymore. Since I purchased my first highlighter that fateful day I have developed a bit of an obsession with achieving a gorgeous glow and don't ever leave the house anymore without applying even just a tiny bit of highlighter, whether I've done the rest of my makeup or not.

The product which started it all is my Prestige Skin Loving Minerals Sunbaked Mineral Bronzing Powder in Pure Shimmer:



I am in love with this powder. It gives such a nice shimmer without being too over-the-top and it's just so pretty to use. I'm even a little obsessed with the smell of this powder. I can't really describe what it is but there's something really addictive about it. I just love swirling a brush over this powder to highlight the tops of my cheeks, my temples, brow bone and the cupids bow area above the top lip.

My second new love which I've acquired recently is my Mirenesse Superlong Wear Gel Mineral Face Colour in Toffee Mousse. This cream to powder formula supposedly can be worn as an eyeshadow, eyeliner, blush, or lip colour but my favourite way to use it is as a highlighter over my normal blush. I don't fair well with creamy eyeshadows because I've got hooded eyelids which always seem to crease if I use this type of formulation and this colour just does not suit being used as an eyeliner or lip colour. Hence, the reason I favour it as a highlighter:




Here is a comparison of these two products. As you can see the Prestige powder is very light and shimmery whereas the Mirenesse cream is a bit heavier which means a much lighter hand is needed when applying that one.
( Prestige Skin Loving Minerals Sunbaked Mineral Bronzing Powder in Pure Shimmer on the top, Mirenesse Superlong Wear Gel Mineral Face Colour in Toffee Mousse on the bottom)

And here is a photo taken last week while we were at the Hunter Valley Gardens Christmas Lights show. In this photo I have the Mirenesse cream on my cheeks and brow bone:

(Me getting my glow on with my little man)


What's your favourite highligher at the moment? Do you have any other makeup product that is your favourite instead?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to read your comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...