Friday, August 10, 2012

The Body Shop Milk Bath - Blissfully Simple


It's no secret that I have awfully dry, itchy, sensitive skin and this time of year literally can bring tears to my eyes some days if I haven't moisturised enough or if I've spent too much time in air conditioning or heating.

I was having a particularly bad couple of days a little while ago and hubby was out and about feeling sorry for me and decided to try and get me something that would offer a bit of relief. To my surprise he actually went into The Body Shop (all on his own!), spoke to the sales assistant and promptly was given a 'milk bath' for his hands so she could talk him into seeing how lovely this product was. Of course he ended up buying it and came home a very happy chappy thinking he'd done good.

I'm still laughing inside as to how funny this would have been and how sweet he was to go through this, but I digress.

What I do want to talk about is how gorgeous this simple little product is. I was a bit sceptical at first as I have tried a miriad of bath products over the years that claimed to soothe itchy skin without much success, but The Body Shop's Milk Bath really, really works!


It's a fine, white powder of which you only need about a tablespoon of for each use. I put it into the bath while the water is running to dissolve it and it makes the bath water look slightly milky (funny that) and even makes some bubbles much to my secret childish delight.

It's got a beautiful, light scent that just relaxes me like nothing else and the most important part is that it leaves my skin feeling soothed and itch free after a good soak. This is seriously a miracle product for dry, sensitive skin.

This is a product that I probably wouldn't have looked twice at myself if I was out shopping, but I'm so impressed with it and am so pleased that hubby found it as I will be buying this again and again.

I've now gained a new appreciation for The Body Shop and will be seeing what other new gems they have now. I used to live on their products when I was a teenager but moved on for some reason. Now I may just have to reconsider going back.

Have you been surprised by any new products lately?

Michelle xx

4 comments:

  1. This brings back memories, my Mom used it when I was a kid (I'm 30 now) and I totally forgot about it. I suffer from eczema and very sensitive skin..I know what I'm buying myself:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, definitely give this a try. I've become obsessed with having baths lately because of it!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. I know, how good is it? I wish I'd discovered it years ago.

      Delete

I would love to read your comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...