Friday, January 18, 2013

Battle of the Facial Mists

In this super hot weather we have been having here is Australia I've developed a little bit of an obsession with facial mists. There is nothing nicer than spritzing a lovely cool and sweet smelling mist all over your face and neck during the day when you're feeling a bit wilted and flat.

At this particular point in time I have been alternating between three different mists (one in my handbag, one in the fridge and the other to set my makeup) so I thought I'd do a little comparison between them for you.



(Left to Right: Baji Rose Kakadu Plum Face Mist, Jurlique Citrus Purifying Mist, Kosmea Hydtrating Rosewater Mist)
 
1) Baji Rose Kakadu Plum Face Mist Antioxidant Formula
This mist contains combinations of unique botanical extracts which are formulated to help tone, clarify and moisturise. This is the one that I keep in the fridge because I love spraying it on when I've come inside from doing some gardening or if it's just a hot day and I feel I need a bit of a skin boost.
 
Pros
 - Nice slim bottle
 - Gorgeous bush flower essence smell
 - Sinks in quickly and feels very hydrating
 
Cons
 - Very, very misty so I feel I have to spray it a good three to four times before I get enough on my face
 
2) Jurlique Citrus Purifying Mist *
A clarifying mist infused with the living energy of witch hazel and marshmallow combined with essential oils of tangerine and lemon to enliven and purify. This is the one I have been using to set my makeup for the day.
 
Pros
 - Refreshing and uplifting citrus scent - great for morning use!
 - Also sinks in quickly and makes the skin feel hydtrated and refreshed
 
Cons
 - Glass bottle makes me terrified of dropping it and not really travel or handbag friendly
 - The nozzle can spray out a bit heavy sometimes
 
3) Kosmea Hydrating Rosewater Mist
Gentle, soothing, cooling and hydrating. This to me is one of the best facial mists and I take it everywhere with me. I panic if I can't locate it in my handbag sometimes!
 
Pros
 - Lovely rose scent is calming when you've had a rough day
 - Great compact and portable bottle
 - Perfect amount of mist comes out per pump - not too much and not too little
 - Sinks in super fast and skin feels refreshed after use
 
Cons
 - The rose scent can be a bit 'old lady' sometimes (this is according to my husband apparently)
 
 
So that's my little comparison between my three favourite mists at the moment. The Kosmea one is my overall favourite, followed by the Jurlique one.
 
The Baji one unfortunately loses points by the mist being just way too 'misty' for me. This probably sounds ridiculous but I don't want the entire room I'm standing in to be sprayed when I use one of these which is what I feel happens when I use this one. Maybe the one I have just has a faulty nozzle?
 
I'd love to know of any other mists out there that would be worth trying if anyone has any suggestions they'd like to share?
 
Michelle xx


* Denotes product received for consideration but my opinions are honest, as always.


2 comments:

  1. This sounds lovely, especially the Jurlique one.

    XoXo Chris
    http://myfashiontrendencies.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The smell of the Jurlique one is devine. I love it for a 'pick me up' in the morning.

      Delete

I would love to read your comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...