Thursday, October 20, 2011

Garnier Miracle Skin Perfector (BB Cream) Light & Medium

Well I was so excited a few weeks ago when I was informed that I'd been a lucky winner of two of the Garnier BB Creams from a competition run on Lilit's blog Makeup & Macaroons and I just couldn't wait for them to arrive in the mail.



I was fortunate enough to win both the Light and Medium shades (which came in a cute little Garnier canvas baggy I must add).

Here is a comparison between the two shades:


Left: Medium shade, Right: Light shade (as if that wasn't obvious to most of you anyway)

The Garnier Miracle Skin Perfectors claim to contain Vitamin C and Mineral Pigments and are supposed to:

* Even complexion
* Reduce sun spots and imperfections
* Boost healthy glow
* Give tinted 24hr hydration
* Protect with an SPF 15

I have now been using the Light shade for a couple of weeks and it is a really nice tinted moisturiser to use. My skin feels soft and non-greasy after applying and it gives quite good coverage over small imperfections. I like the fact that it contains an SPF as well as I'll admit I'm way too lazy to apply a regular sunscreen onto my face first before my regular moisturiser and on the odd occasion that I have done this my skin has felt so greasy and awful I always wished I'd not done it.

There are only two issues that I found I have with this cream. First up is the smell. I find it a little too overpowering for a face cream as it's very much like a floral perfume going onto your face which is a bit much for me to bear for every day use. I can be a little sensitive to smells sometimes though so this might just be a problem that is purely individual to me.

Secondly, I find it hard to blend in completely and sometimes and the cream can seem to just 'sit' on top of the skin and look a bit filmy unless blended in really well. Again, this might just be because my skin has a tendency to be a bit on the oily side sometimes and might not be an issue for anyone else.

I haven't tried the Medium shade on my face as yet as I think it will be way too dark for me to wear on it's own as I'm quite pale. I do think that it will be good to mix the Light and Medium together once summer hits though as that might make a better shade that I can wear.

Has anyone else tried these creams yet and formed an opinion on them?


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to read your comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...