Sunday, February 10, 2013
My Favourite Lip Products This Summer
Over the past couple of months I've definitely been all about simple, easy makeup looks due to the hot weather we have been having here in Australia. Also, my skin has been in the best condition it's been in for years and I haven't wanted to hide it by wearing heavy makeup for once.
Due to this I've been favouring fresh and pretty lip colours that are easy to wear with almost any look during the day or night and are also moisturising on the lips as well.
Here are the lip products that have been on high rotation for me this summer:
Listed in Order of Swatches:
1) Avon Simply Pretty Colour Bliss Lipstick in Darling Mauve - Such a pretty bright pink which almost borders on a cool plum. This lipstick has amazing staying power and has rekindled my love for the brand Avon again.
2) Avon Shine Attract Lipstick in Plum Berry - This is an unusual lipstick where the colour is encased inside a clear gloss. It's a colour that is barely there on the lips but it gives such a pretty shine and makes my lips feel lovely and moisturised for hours.
3) Revlon Lip Butter in Cherry Tart - I love this lip butter because it gives just the right amount of colour without being too much of an over-the-top red. These don't stay very long on my lips though and I find I am applying it a lot during the day.
4) Models Prefer Lipstick in After Party - I first mentioned this lipstick here and it is still a favourite that I bring out regularly for a fun night time lip. I am always amazed at how long this lipstick stays on my lips and it never feels dry.
5) Napoleon Perdis Lip Patrol in Private Kiss - This is such a pretty My Lips But Better kind of colour that feels lovely on and is a great lipstick for when you want to have a subtle look but still want a hint of colour.
6) Models Prefer Ultra Lipgloss Pencil in Kiss & Make Up - Probably my favourite lip crayon of all time and my go-to colour when I can't be bothered thinking about what I want to wear. It's a pretty pink that goes with everything and lasts a nice couple of hours on the lips.
7) Face of Australia Sheer Lip Gloss Crayon in Cupcake - I usually wear this pale pink when I don't have much else on my face as it gives a hint of colour without looking like I've really got anything on. These just don't seem to last very long on and need constant re-application which is the only disappointing thing I have found with these crayons.
8) Clinique Long Last Glosswear in Sunset - An old favourite that always comes out this time of year as it's such a pretty gold gloss that gives a lovely shine to the lips and lasts forever.
9) Mirenesse Velvet Lip Lift Moisture Shine in No. 47 - It's no secret I'm a huge fan of these Mirenesse lip glosses and this one is my current favourite as it's a really pretty pale coral shade.
10) Korres Lip Butter in Pomegranate - I love the feel of these butters on my lips but I hate the container and having to use my finger or a cotton tip to get the product out. This is such a pretty colour though and makes my lips feel super moisturised when I'm wearing it.
Do you tend to stick with a few favourites at certain times of the year like me?