Thursday, February 7, 2013

A Pop Of Colour For Summer

I don't know about everyone else, but I really don't like wearing much makeup during the summer months because the heat just makes it unpleasant in general to have too much going on on my face.

This year I decided to be a bit more adventurous than normal and have branched out into wearing a lot of different coloured eyeliners instead of eyeshadow and I have to say that it's so much more convenient for this time of year.

My regular makeup face these past few weeks has pretty much been just some tinted moisturiser or some pressed powder over my normal moisturiser, a tiny bit of blush or bronzer on my cheeks plus some bronzer applied lightly onto my eyelids as a neutral shadow base with a small amount of highlighter on my cheeks and on top of the bronzer eyeshadow. Then I just apply some good mascara and some coloured eyeliner depending on what mood I'm in that day and finish off with a pretty gloss or very thin layer of lipstick. This look literally takes me 5 minutes to do and still looks like I actually made some sort of effort.

Here are my favourite coloured eyeliners right now that have been getting a lot of love lately:

 
From Top to Bottom: Savvy by DB Automatic Eyeliner in Gold, Mirenesse Inside Out 24Hr Eye Kohl in Isis, Mirenesse Tight Liner in Foxfur Brown, Bourjois Smoky Eyeliner in Dark Purple, Almay Intense I-Colour Liner in Teal, Avon Glimmersticks Eyeliners in Bronze and Zaphir Blue
 
(Swatched Left to Right in same order as listed above)


Each one of these has made it to my favourite pile mainly due to being a pretty colour as well as the fact that they don't smudge on my hooded eyelids too much by the end of the day which is a huge problem I have with a lot of brands of eyeliner.

I've also found that wearing a coloured eyeliner rather than having my whole eyelid coloured means I can get away with a much bigger variety of lip colours and I can take the look from a gloss during the day to a bolder look by using a brighter lipstick at night.

I'd love to know what everyone else does to shake-up their routine now and then? Do you have a favourite coloured eyeliner that you'd love to share?

I hope everyone is having a great week!

Michelle xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to read your comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...