I wasn't going to subscribe to this one after receiving my Lust Have It pack last month and being pretty happy with what came in that. I also though that maybe I would eventually get a bit 'sampled out' if I subscribed to the two of them together. But, when I received the emailed invitation a few weeks ago to sign up for the first Beauty Box pack I thought 'what the hell', I might as well try it too and see which I end up liking the best.
Well, here is how the first ever Beauty Box delivery came:
Then I opened the bright pink cardboard box to find this:
All the goodies were wrapped in some tissue paper just waiting to be peeled open:
And this is what was inside:
The contents of the box were as follows:
1) Yves Saint Laurent - Beauty Sleep, 5ml: A night serum which claims to smooth the skin's micro-texture, plump the skin and reveal the radiance of the complexion in the morning;
2) Marc Jacobs - Oh! Lola!, 3 x 1.2ml samples: An Eau De Parfum that I have already sprayed on myself and am trying to see if it grows on me;
3) Sally Hansen - Everyday Strength Medium Nail File: I huge nail file that seems to be a really good texture for everyday tidying up the nails;
4) Playboy - Play It Spicy Body Spray, 75ml: I've also sprayed this on myself and keep getting wafts of it as I move around. Not too bad so far;
5) Shu Uemura - High Performance Balancing Cleansing Oil, 20ml: This is a make-up cleanser that is supposed to maintain the skin's delicate moisture balance with a rich combination of botanical oils. I've actually never heard of this brand before so am keen to try this on my sensitive skin and see how it goes.
Apparently to guarantee ongoing membership with Beauty Box they want you to review each product after trying and every month they will feature a 'Beauty Treat' where you can win prizes for reviewing a particular product.
I don't know if the contents of this box have grabbed me as much as the Lust Have It contents did but I'll have to wait and see how I feel after using some of the products a few times.
I wonder what everyone else thought of their Beauty Box delivery??