Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Review - Australis Paparazzi Perfect High Definition Blush in Poser

First up, I really need to apologise for the fact I haven't been posting much lately and also for the fact that what I have been has been a bit sporadic as well. My CPA exam for this semester is coming up on the 2nd May and I have officially hit panic/stressed-out mode and am not coping well with concentrating on anything other than studying right now. I always get like this a couple of weeks prior to my exams and I guess it's my way of getting in the exam zone so that I feel prepared enough on the day.

Therefore I have to admit that I won't be posting too much at all over the next couple of weeks until this exam is over and I can do other activities again without feeling guilty (at least for a couple of months until the next damn one starts!)

Anyway, onto the main reason for this post, the Australis Paparazzi Perfect High Definition Blush in the shade Poser.



What the product claims:
'Australis Paparazzi Perfect Blush is a multi-coloured palette, formulated with light reflecting and balancing photochromatic pigments allowing for instant camera-ready photos. The technology blurs pores, fine lines and other imperfections. The formula is also enriched with jojoba and grape seed oil to lock in skin moisture.'

Isn't it pretty? I just love the marbled effect of this blush which was one of the main reasons for me purchasing it. It's almost in that 'too pretty to use' category as far as I'm concerned.

I have to say one thing straight up about this blush and that is it is the most pigmented product I think I have ever come across. When I first brought it home I got all excited and decided to have a play with it and started applying it the same way that I do with my other powder blushes and I ended up with the darkest cheeks you have ever seen. It was hilarious! I have since learnt that you only just have to touch your blush brush to the product in the softest manner to get the right amount of product to apply.

It also has a very subtle shimmer to it which I like as it works to help highlight the cheekbones.


The above photo is taken with a flash and gives a pretty good indication of the colour of this blush. On the left is a swatch of all the colours together and on the right it has been blended out.

I didn't realise until I got this baby home that it was so dominantly brown and have since decided to use it as a bronzer/contouring powder rather than a blush which is suits me better because of my pale skin. It's really easy to blend out as long as you don't apply too much, otherwise it can make the face look a little dirty.

Frankly I think I will die with this product. There is no way I will ever hit pan on this as the amount you have to use is so miniscule. If I was part of the product development team at Australis I'd be expecting a bit of a berating from management because if they develop too many more of these types of products Australis will most definitely go out of business because we just won't need to replace anything ever again!

I'm definitely interested in trying one of the more pinker shades and then I will be set for blush for the rest of my life!

Has anyone else tried one of these blushes yet?

Michelle xx

2 comments:

  1. Yes I got it in the priceline gift bag and yes it is super pigmented! I had a "dirty" face on first application....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I have never had another product as pigmented as this. I certainly know all about the 'dirty face' look with this, haha.

      Delete

I would love to read your comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...