Sunday, April 22, 2012

April Bellabox - Be Fashion Forward

I'm a little bit late posting about the April Bellabox as I must admit that I almost forgot I even received it (shows you how great it must have been this month, hey?)

Anyway, the Bellabox for this month was based around celebrating the lead up to Mecedes Benz Fashion Week with the theme of the box 'around the world in fashion'.

Well, I really don't get how this theme ties into what we actually received in the box. I don't know if I'm just a bit slow but none of the items we received really scream out to me as a celebration to fashion.

Oh well, lets move on to the contents for the April Bellabox:


1) Comvita Brightening Range - Exfoliant, Serum & Moisturiser (1 x 1.5ml sample of each, RRP $45-$79) - These are tiny sachets and I think it would have been nice to get at least 2-3 of each instead of just one to give a better idea of the product.

2) Ulta3 Nail Polish in Enchanted (Full size, RRP $2.00) - Enchanted is a dark pearly green with purple through it. It's a really pretty colour but I kind of expect a bit more than a polish which I constantly see in a $2.00 bargain box at Coles when I do my grocery shopping.

3) Benefit 'Hello Flawless' Foundation in Petal (5ml sample, RRP $55 for 30mls) - I must admit that I'm a Benefit virgin and have never tried any products from them before. This foundation seems to blend nicely and gives medium coverage on my skin but the shade I got is a bit too dark and yellow toned for me (I'm usually an ivory or porcelain gal when it comes to foundation shades).

4) Pure DKNY Verbena (1.5ml sample, RRP $80 for 30mls) - I really, really, really like this scent. It's refreshing and kind of floral without being too overpowering. This may go on my wishlist for my birthday or xmas this year.

5) OP Therapy Body Hydrator (75ml Full size, RRP $19.00) - This seems like a really nice moisturiser that smoothes on well and sinks in fast without leaving any greasy residue. It's unscented and ideal for dry sensitive skin which is exactly what I usually have so hopefully I'll see results from using this.

6) Hollywood Feet Heel Cushions (2 pairs, RRP $9.95) - Hmmmm, not really the sort of thing I'd expect to see in a monthly beauty sample box. I find that when I wear heels for too long I get pain in the ball of my foot, not my heels so these will probably never get used.

So there you have it. Nothing terrible exciting in the box for this month. So much so that it's been sitting on my dining table for over a week now because I pretty much forgot it was even there!

I'd love to know whether everyone else got the same things as me this month or anything better/different?

Michelle xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to read your comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...