Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Model Co Cheek & Lip Tint in Rosy Red - A Hot Pink Mess!


So. without beating around the bush today, this product has pretty much confirmed in concrete my absolute hate for stains.

I received this in one of the monthly subscription boxes a while ago and I really have tried and tried to get to like it but alas, it just isn't meant to be.


Frankly, I've never been a fan of stains. They pretty much terrify me as there is such a fine line between great application and having clown cheeks. Also, any that have been made for use on lips always seem to be terribly drying on me.

This Model Co Cheek & Lip Tint comes in a tube where you have to squeeze the product out and that is its first downfall. There doesn't seem to be any sweet medium with getting this product out. You either get nothing or suddenly a huge blob comes out. It really needs to have an applicator of some description built into the top to make it easier to get out the small amount that you actually need.

Secondly is the fact that it stains almost instantly. You have to be a super blending machine to get this stuff onto the cheeks and blended out or you have some lovely pink racing stripes going on. I just can't seem to do it and I really don't like the fact that I then have to have bright pink fingertips for the rest of the day no matter how many times I wash my hands.



Thirdly is that it is so awfully drying whenever I've tried to use it as a lip tint. I've tried applying some lip balm first but then the stain seems to just slip off the lips and bleed into all the fine lines around them so yet again, it just seems all too hard.

As you can see in the above picture, it is a very, very bright stain which leaves absolutely no room for error. Unfortunately, I mustn't be dextrous enough to use products like this and I really don't have the time to keep trying with products that take too much effort these days.  


Has anyone else used this and been successful? If anyone has any insider tips on using stains I'd love to know!

Have a great week!

Michelle xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to read your comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...