Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Model Co Fibre Lashxtend Mascara


A few weeks ago I decided to purchase this mascara to try and have to say straight up that it really hasn't won me over like I wanted it to.



Here is a little bit about the Model Co Fibre Lashxtend Extreme Black Lengthening Mascara from their website:

The rich, glossy formula combined with innovative, inbuilt lash fibres gives you a false lash effect from every angle. FIBRE LASHXTEND lengthens and amplifies your own lashes to give you the ultimate length in an instant.  

This unique technology ensures voluptuous clump-free lashes that are smudge and tear proof. The water resistant formula delivers brilliant extension and high definition impact and unlike many other types of mascara, FIBRE LASHXTEND is dissolvable in warm water, wiping away with ease and saving you from panda eyes.

Why you need it:
  • Creates incredibly long, high impact lashes.
  • Inbuilt lash fibres create false lash effect.
  • Clump-free, non-flaking formula.
  • Water resistant.
  • Easy, no-mess removal.
 So, after hearing such good things about this mascara and reading a heap of rave reviews, I couldn't help but want to try it for myself.

The brush itself is a really good size, not too big or too small, and the packaging has a nifty inbuilt mirror on the side which is invaluable if you need to reapply on the go.


I also have to say that even after a huge 12 hour work day, no smudging of the mascara occurred under the eyes which is the norm for me and my cursed oily lids.

So, there are definitely some good points to this product.

But, unfortunately, the small fibres in the formula and me just do not get along. In fact, they take every opportunity possible to try and escape from my poor little lashes.

If you have a close look at the below pictures you can see the small fibres contained in the brush which are what eventually coat your lashes to make them look thicker and longer. You can then see the tiny fibres sticking out from my lashes once applied:


After only a couple of hours, those little fibres start to fall off from my lashes and love to accumulate underneath my eye in what looks a little like black snow flakes. When I have client meetings this really isn't a good look and it constantly made me paranoid every time I knew I was going to be seeing someone in close proximity. I found that I spent every single toilet visit during the day plucking black fibres off my under-eye area and after a few days it just got plain annoying.

Overall, I think this mascara is a great concept and for very short instances it can be a wonderful product to give you thicker, fuller lashes. Unfortunately, for longer periods of time, the fallout of those little fibres just isn't worth it.

Has anyone used this mascara before? If so, did it do the same thing to you that it did to me?

Have a great week!

Michelle xx 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to read your comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...