Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Red Lipstick Face of the Week

While participating in the Fox in Flats Red Lipstick Dare a couple of weeks ago which I wrote about here, I pretty much kept the rest of my makeup basic so that it didn't compete with my bright red lips.

Here is what I wore each day with my red lips:

Face: 
Dr Lewinn's Skin Perfect Anti-Ageing Primer
Dr Lewinn's Skin Perfect Anti-Ageing Foundation in Ivory
Natio Pressed Powder in Medium Tan (not pictured, ooops!)
Australis Bronzing Powder in Golden
Philosophy Lit From Within Cream Blush in Look on the Bright Side
Prestige Sunbaked Mineral Bronzing Powder in Pure Shimmer

Eyes:
Clinique Color Surge Eyeshadows in Daybreak, Strike it Rich and Dark Brown (first three on the left)
Clinique Cream Shaper for Eyes in Chocolate Lustre
Lancome Hypnose Doll Eyes Mascara in So Black

I found this combination the best when paired with red lips as I wanted to make sure nothing else clashed with such a bright lip colour. It also meant that I didn't really have to think when doing my makeup for that week either as it was all picked out already.

Does anyone else prefer a neutral base for bright lips or do you prefer to go all out and brighten up the rest of the face as well?

Michelle xx

2 comments:

  1. Most times I go bare when I am wearing red lipstick. The most I do is winged liner, nude, frosty shadows and loads of mascara.
    Barbara
    http://barbsiesmusings.blogspot.com/
    Lagos, Nigeria

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't for the life of me do a winged liner. I really wish I could! I'd probably wear it everyday if I could actually do it!

      Delete

I would love to read your comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...