Saturday, December 24, 2016

Becca 'Jaclyn Hill' Champagne Collection Face Palette


So, I have debated writing a review on this palette for months and originally wasn't going to do one because it has kind of been reviewed to death since being released. But, being that it has become a staple in my makeup wardrobe I finally decided that I might as well give my two cents on it as well.


First thing to get out of the way first is this: How friggin' pretty is this damn palette?? I literally hate touching it every time I use it because it is a fingerprint magnet and I just can't seem to stop myself stroking it just a little every time I open it. Yep, I know I have a big problem! But look at it! Just look at it!!! I think it definitely has to be the prettiest and decadent thing that sits on my makeup table at the moment.

(Left to Right - Top Row - Rose Spritz, Amaretto, Pamplemousse - Bottom Row - Champagne Pop, Prosecco Pop)

This palette is so unbelievably versatile and if I had to choose between one face palette to take with me to a deserted island, I think this would be my choice. It contains three totally different shades of blush plus two absolutely gorgeous highlighters and all of the shades are suitable for pretty much any makeup look you may be going for.

The three shades of blush are as follows:
Rose Spritz - This is such a beautiful rose gold shade that contains a hint of shimmer. This one is my most used shade as it goes with absolutely any makeup look and it great for days when I don't feel like doing the whole blush and highlighting thing because it has the pretty shimmer contained in it already.
Amaretto - This is a pretty caramel shade that I find great as a contour for my pale skin tone. I never really like to use shades like this as a blush as they kind of always make my face look dirty but as a contour it rocks.
Pamplemousse - Aside from the name of this shade which seriously makes me smile every time I think about it, this is the most amazing but also terrifying bright pink with a small hint of coral. I use this one very lighthanded as it can easily become a bit clown-like if over-applied.

(Left to Right - Rose Spritz, Amaretto, Pamplemousse)

(With flash)
 As for the highlighters:
Champagne Pop - A pretty gold shimmer with a hint of peachy-pink. This highlighter is super-duper-duper shimmery and can look a little 'disco-ball' if too much is applied. But, if you have a light hand and are strategic with your application of this one, it is truly to die for.
Prosecco Pop - A true gold shimmer that is one of my favourite highlight shades ever. It's not as scary as Champagne Pop so is a little bit more versatile and I love how it leaves a pretty, gold sheen to my face when applied.

(Left to Right - Champagne Pop, Prosecco Pop)
(With flash)
The palette itself is nice and sturdy and even though it is ridiculously reflective, it's easy enough to keep clean and I see it lasting for quite some time. It also contains a nice, decent sized mirror underneath the lid which I really like.

This palette was my first time trying any of the Becca face powders and I really am impressed with how well they perform. They blend like a dream and really do have great colour payoff.

So, that's my two cents worth on this very popular palette. I really do recommend buying it if you've been thinking about it but haven't acted because I promise that you won't be disappointed. I bought mine online from Sephora Australia and I'm pretty sure they are still available for around $89.

Has anyone else fallen in love with this palette as well??

I hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas!!

Michelle xx


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to read your comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...