Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Rimmel Sun Shimmer Self Tan Mousse in Medium


A few weeks ago I was lucky enough to receive the Rimmel Sun Shimmer Self Tan Mousse to trial from Beautyheaven and even though it was the middle of winter I must admit that I really enjoyed using it.

The Sun Shimmer Self Tan Mousse claims to be a lightweight, velvety mousse that dries within 2 minutes, gives up to 24hrs of moisture and develops into a natural looking, streak free tan within 1 hour that lasts for up to 7 days. 
The mousse is definitely easy to apply from the pump applicator onto a tanning mitt and did distribute nice and evenly over the skin.
The shade I received was Medium and as you can see in the below photo the mousse has a slight tint to it and in over an hour or so it developed into a really lovely, natural looking tan. The tint in the mousse made it really easy to know where I had applied it which helped to ensure an even application and it also gave my skin a nice glow straight away until it fully developed.

One thing I really love about this self tan is the scent. I didn't seem to get any of the usual tell-tale tan smell after application and instead it had a lovely, fresh, floral scent to it that wasn't too overpowering and was actually quite pleasant in my opinion.
When applied the mousse felt weightless on my skin and didn't leave any dryness or greasiness behind. It dried really fast and definitely left my skin feeling moisturised.  
The only issue I have is that I was sent the medium shade to review when I am very pale and normally only use a light shade of self tan. I found the medium just a tad too dark for my skin and it did streak a little bit if I wasn't very careful because there was such a large contrast against my normal skin tone once it developed.
Left - bare leg prior to tanning, Right - an hour after application
I'm certainly going to get some good use out of this self tan once the weather starts to warm up again though and will be keen to try the light shade next time which might not be so scary and need such precise application on my pale skin.
Has anyone else tried this self tan as yet? What does everyone prefer, a mousse, cream or spray for their self tan?
Have a great week!
Michelle xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to read your comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...