Thursday, January 18, 2018

Rimmel 'Fresher Skin' Foundation


Hello everyone and Happy New Year!!

A while ago I received this Rimmel Fresher Skin Foundation to review and I've been putting it off constantly because I just couldn't make my mind up about it. Some days I like it and other days I feel like it's literally the worst foundation I have ever tried to use.


This foundation comes in a small, glass jar which isn't ideal to use in the first place and it always seems to have a really weird, oily residue sitting on the top if it hasn't been used for a day or so. I found that giving it a good shake before use mixes it together a lot better and helps with it applying a lot easier.

(Rimmel Fresher Skin Foundation in 102 - Light Nude)

This foundation is supposed to offer a lightweight and buildable coverage that doesn't clog pores and allows skin to breathe. It also contains an SPF 15 for sun protection.

The first thing that hit me when I started using this foundation was the super strong scent. It's quite overpowering and stays on your skin long after it is applied. I'm not a big fan of strong smelling products that go on my face so this put me off using it too much.

I also don't find that it has much coverage at all and to me it isn't easily buildable if you want more. My skin needs to be having a really good day for me to reach for this foundation as it's coverage works more like a tinted moisturiser or BB cream in my opinion.

It also wears off after only an hour or so and seems to separate on my oily skin if I don't set it really well with some powder first. It does feel lightweight once applied but it's not a foundation I would wear if I had a lot of meetings during the day or was going to be out and about a lot as it just doesn't have the staying power.

I've found that the best way for me to apply it is using a foundation brush to literally 'paint' it onto my skin. This is the only way I seem to be able to avoid streaks and to get an even finish. It just doesn't work for me if I try to use my fingers or a beauty blender.

(Rimmel Fresher Skin Foundation in 102 - Light Nude)

Overall, I find this foundation a big disappointment. It's just not worth the time and effort to get it to look good and that intense smell haunts me all day long.

Has anyone else used this foundation and actually liked it? Maybe there's a trick to using it that I haven't worked out yet?

Have a lovely day!!

Michelle xx


***This product was received for review but my opinions are completely my own***

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to read your comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...