Friday, June 20, 2014

Disappointment of the Month - Revlon PhotoReady Sculpting Blush Palette in Pink Rose






Well it's been quite a while since I have been disappointed enough in a product to write a post about it but I felt like I really needed to give my thoughts on this one.

I purchased this palette in the last Priceline sale as I own a lot of Revlon products and have never really hit on anything bad from them before, until now!

This palette looked great in-store. It contains a contour shade, a blush and a highlighter as well as a mini application brush and a built-in mirror in the lid.

If you're a regular reader of this blog you will know how much I love my all-in-one palettes so it is very hard for me to resist buying ones that catch my eye. Unfortunately I just can't find much that is positive to say about this one no matter how much I try.

The shades are all so very chalky and sheer and barely show up at all on my fair skin tone. They also contain a huge amount of shimmer so rather than seeing any colour on your skin you just see three different amounts of shimmer wherever it has been applied.

Also, one thing I really dislike is the fact that the powders seem to all get a bit of a hard seal on the top that makes it even harder to get any colour payoff unless you drag your brush over the top of them multiple times. 

I tried so hard to get a good photo of this product and it just wasn't happening. I had to swatch each shade no less than around 10 times just to get enough colour to show up in the below photos.

(Left to right - Contour shade, Blush shade, Highlighter shade - no flash)

(Left to right - Contour shade, Blush shade, Highlighter shade - with flash)
As I don't own any other products from this range, I'm guessing that Revlon's definition of PhotoReady means having no colour on your face whatsoever but lots and lots of shimmer!

Such a shame.....

Have you had any products disappoint you this month? I'd love to hear of any!

Have a great day.

Michelle xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to read your comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...