Saturday, April 12, 2014
March 2014 Empties
Yep, so it's almost halfway through the month again and I'm only just getting to posting my empties for the previous month. I cannot believe how quickly time seems to fly these days!
Anyway, here's what I managed to use up during March as well as my thoughts:
1) KMS California Curl Up Conditioner - I was using this in conjunction with the Curl Up Shampoo but I always seem to finish conditioners before I finish a shampoo. Truthfully I didn't really notice any benefit to my curly hair after using this. If anything it made my hair seem less able to hold it's curl than normal so I don't think I will be repurchasing.
2) Jurlique Balancing Foaming Cleanser - This cleanser lasted for months and months and I really enjoyed the smooth, clean feeling I got after each use. My one main gripe and the reason why I probably wouldn't repurchase has to be the smell. It's got a very, very strong herbal smell that is just too overpowering for me and being that I suffer from migraines I had to steer clear of using this a lot because the smell could make me feel quite nauseous sometimes.
3) Jurlique Purely Age Defying Ultra Firm and Lift Cream - This was a very thick cream that I ended up using at night due to it being way too thick for my skin for day time use. It's one of those creams that you can literally feel sitting on the top of your skin so putting it on at night before bed suited me so I could go to sleep and not notice it so much. It did make my skin feel nice and soft in the morning but again it had a very strong herbal scent that was a bit too much for me on a daily basis.
4) Nivea Stress Protect Anti-Perspirant - I really love this deodorant and have already repurchased. Enough said.
5) Rubifresh Hydrating Body Gel - I didn't find this gel to be very hydrating at all but I have very dry skin that is prone to eczema so usually need quite a thick moisturiser to make my skin feel hydrated. It did have an interesting smell that was almost minty but unfortunately it's not something I would repurchase.
6) Palmolive Ayurituel Joyous Shower Gel - This really seems to be the month of the bad smells for me! I thoroughly disliked the smell of this as it was way too intense for me. It reminded me of a shampoo type of scent and is not something I would repurchase.
7) Neutrogena Deep Clean Gentle Scrub - I really like this scrub and have used it many times over the years in either a full size or sample tube. It scrubs thoroughly without feeling too scratchy or irritating my skin and is definitely something I would purchase again.
8) Avene Rich Hydrating Cream and Soothing Moisture Mask - I didn't have any issues with either of these products but also can't really rave about them either as the samples are a bit too small to really get much of an opinion from them.
9) Gaia Skincare Lavender & Frankincense Facial Moisturiser - I really liked this moisturiser for the handful of uses I got out of this small sample. The smell is lovely and it was light enough to use in the morning without making my skin feel too greasy. I would most likely consider purchasing this if the opportunity ever came up.
So that's it for another month. Until I wrote out this post I didn't realise how many products were bothering me with their scent over the past couple of months. Maybe my nose is just a bit too sensitive or something??
Oh well, I hope everyone is having a lovely weekend.