Monday, November 18, 2013

Nails of the Week - Camouflage Colours Nail Lacquer in Blackened Brown


So it has been ages since I have done a nails of the week post. Almost a couple of months I think! I seemed to have been through a phase it was just always too much trouble to sit down and paint my nails and it's probably the longest I have ever gone in my life without having nail polish on.

I finally broke the drought by trying out this polish which I think I got in a past Bellabox a while ago. When I first looked at it I thought 'hmmm, who in their right mind would want their nails to look like dirt?' as the colour looks just awful in the bottle.

Unfortunately, it doesn't really change much once applied to the nails.

This shade is a very plain, dark brown with no shimmer or anything else at all to make it special. It's definitely not a shade that I would rave about which is a bit of a shame really.

I also needed three coats to completely cover my nails and then it chipped the next day!








Camouflage Colours are an Australian brand and you can find out more about their nail lacquers here. There are so many other gorgeous shades in the range too.

Has anyone else tried these before? 


Michelle xx

4 comments:

  1. That doesn't sound like a winner =( I think it would look pretty with some sparkle or something over the top though?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I could try it again with some gold glitter polish over the top. Maybe that could improve it a bit :-)

      Delete
  2. That's such a shame with the wear and opacity of the polish but I guess it's always nice to try new shades from sample boxes :)


    Sarah | More Than Adored

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's one thing I do love about the sample boxes. They've introduced me to many new products that I probably wouldn't have tried otherwise.

      Delete

I would love to read your comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...